Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Broken foot

Just realized I never came back here and I totally left you (you non-existent audience, you) hanging.  Yes, that munchkin totally broke my foot.  SNAP, broke a bone in it.  Which meant I taught the first three weeks of school on a scooter with no weight on my left foot, which, okay, yeah, sucked a little.  Still, it's December (HOW THE CRAP IS IT ALREADY DECEMBER), and I'm doing fine.

I love my new batch of monsters and would gladly do anything they bid me.  Well, okay, that's not even remotely accurate.  I love my new batch of monsters and would gladly do anything that would help them- really help them.  Like, teach a man to fish kind of help.  Not the "I'll do it for you" kind of help that's not really what help is all about.  I would never do that to any child, much less one of my monsters.

I've always wondered, though, if the man dies of starvation before you teach him to fish, like, if he's fishing-handicapped or unlucky or something, isn't that a crappy metaphor?

"I saw a starving man, and I had a fish, and I didn't give it to him, because I tried to teach him to fish but then he died before he learned how."  HORRIBLE STORY.

No comments:

Post a Comment